ISEP-exchange: how to apply
Main competition takes place every year in December-January and students need to apply through the UT International Student Service. It is possible to apply for next academic year (for autumn and/or spring semester). If not all student places are filled during the main competition, an additional competition may be announced in May-June for the spring semester of the next academic year.
During the main competition in January, students can apply for 1-2 semesters; during the additional competition in June it is possible to apply only for spring semester. Students need to submit a list of up to 10 preferred universities and ISEP will place students who have been nominated by the UT grant committee to one of the preferred universities.
Choosing the host universities
1. Check which universities accept applications for the next academic year and what are the chances of getting a placement in these universities. Lists of universities open for applications can be found from ISEP webpage.
2. You need to find suitable universities by yourself - check the application requirements and restrictions and the language requirements of potential host universities.
3. Make a list of up to 10 preferred universities. If possible, ISEP will try to place student to top 4 universities (but this cannot be guaranteed). Make sure you follow ISEP instructions on how to choose universities.
Language of instruction and language certificates
1. Check the language of instruction of potential host university and also the requirements for language certificates.
2. Several universities (especially outside Europe) require international language test (i.e. TOEFL or IELTS). If international test is not required, students need to submit ISEP Language Proficiency Report (can be found from ISEP application). The form needs to be filled by your language instructor at UT.
Please note! If international language test is required, you should take the test as early as possible (preferrably couple of months before the application deadline). Otherwise your test results might not arrive on time. When registering for TOEFL test, you need to order the results to be sent to ISEP and to the University of Tartu.
1. The primary decision on selecting students is made by the University of Tartu grant committee.
2. Students whose applications are approved by UT, need to submit their application to ISEP through the online application system and pay the application fee 100 USD (directly to ISEP).
3. ISEP will place students to suitable host universities during couple of months after the deadline. After getting the placement, 325 USD needs to be paied to accept the study place. The host university will make the final decision on admitting the students. This process usually takes about 2-3 months.